AS Safe Rides
Hello and welcome to UC San Diego's Associated Students Safe Rides Program! Safe Rides is a partnership program between UC San Diego and Lyft to offer students discounts on rides of their choice. You will need your UC San Diego email address to redeem your code.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Add your UC San Diego email to your Lyft account as a Business Profile email. (See steps under "Email address update")
- Enter the promo code that you will receive once you have used the sign-up form below in the "Promos" section of the app.
- You will only be able to redeem up to 2 codes per quarter.
EXISTING LYFT USERS:
Once you have received the promo code, enter it into the Promotions section of your app. This will add the Safe Ride promo credit into your Promo section.
NEW LYFT USERS:
Click here to sign up and download the Lyft app on your phone. Once you have received the promo code, enter it into the Promos section of your app.
- The UC San Diego code will allow for $12 off 2 rides (until redemption limits are hit).
- You must have a current UC San Diego email address linked to your Lyft account in order to use the UC San Diego button in the app (see instructions below).
- Promotion will expire when maximum redemption limits are hit or by 11:59PM, January 8, 2023.
- The following quarters will be updated with their new codes and your redemptions will be reset.
- The code can be used for pick up or drop off from the UC San Diego campus (9500 Gilman Drive).
Email address update:
You must have a ucsd.edu email address linked to your Lyft Business Profile in order to use the UC San Diego Safe Ride codes in the app. You can update your account information by following these steps:
1. Sign in to your Lyft account from your mobile device.
2. Click on the "Settings" tab.
3. Select "Business Profile".
4. Type in your UC San Diego email address.
5. Confirm your email address by clicking the confirmation button in the email sent to your inbox.