AS Safe Rides
Associated Students (AS) is providing Safe Rides to undergraudate Tritons. Need to get somewhere transit doesn't go or when transit doesn't run? AS has you covered!
What is AS?
AS stands for Associated Students, the Undergraduate Student Government at UC San Diego. Managing $7-10 million dollars in undergraduate student fees, we focus on students needs, advocacy, and resources. Our Safe Rides program is one of the ways we hope to contribute to your student experience.
Want more Safe Rides from AS?
Reach out to your student representatives and tell them! The Associated Students Senate allocates funds to the program, and your Senators are just an email or DM away.
I love the AS Safe Rides program, thank you for funding it. I would like to see you advocate for more funding towards the program, as my student representative.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Verify your eligble: Are you an Triton undergraduate, over the age of 18, who has paid student fees this quarter?
- Create a Lyft Business profile, with your school ucsd.edu email as your work email. See the Email Address Update section below for full step-by-step instructions.
- Within 3 days of your ride sign up with your student email address at the bottom of this page.
- Follow the below steps, depending on if you are an existing or new Lyft user:
EXISTING LYFT USERS:
You'll recieve a special code to your undergraduate student email. Within 3 days of your ride, enter it in your Lyft app. Adding a Lyft Pass can be down by:
- Menu -> Payment -> Lyft Pass -> Add Lyft Pass
NEW LYFT USERS:
Download and sign up on for Lyft. Then, follow the above existing Lyft User instructions.
- The AS Safe Rides program is for $12 off 2 rides (while funds last). $24 credit total, $12 to a location inside the boundaries and back.
- Credits are only valid for 3 days after the Lyft Pass is added to your account. We strongly recommend to NOT add the pass to your account until a couple hours before your trip.
- The program will expire when all of the funds are used or by the end of the quarter, whichever comes first. Fall Quarter 23' ends December 10th, 11:59pm.
- AS Safe Rides can only be used within the boundaires, the map image on this page.
Email address update:
Your ucsd.edu email address must be linked to your Lyft Business Profile in order to use AS Safe Rides. You can do this by:
- Going to Lyft Settings -> Profile (your first name) -> Account settings -> Business profiles
- Entering UC San Diego email address as your Work email.
- Confirm your email address by clicking the confirmation button in the email sent to your inbox.
Having trouble getting this quarter's code?
Are you getting this error message: "You've already received the e-mail for this quarter." but haven't redeemed your AS Safe Ride this quarter? You probably tried to redeem the code before the quarter started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject AS Safe Rides, from your UCSD email and be sure to include undergraduate PID.
Xavier's probably got answers. He is the very cool, very sexy AVP of Enterprises and Services at UCSD. He doesn’t really need an introduction, but we enjoy talking about him, so we’re going to. He is the almighty overseer from AS who is dedicated to student services like AS Safe Rides, Triton Televison, KSDT Radio, AS Graphic Studio, and enterprises like Triton Outfitters. We watch him in awe most of the time. Our only complaint is that he’s too busy dealing with his enterprises and services to be with us (he also has a wicked sense of humor)!